Recent Posts

Tuesday 1 October 2013

The Strange Case...

I've been very conscious of how 'digital' everything seems to be lately. That's not necessarily a bad thing but where I can I'm definitely looking to bring more traditional elements back into what I make.

These are a couple of portraits I finished up over the last couple of weeks, based on the titular characters from Robert Lewis Stevenson's 'The Strange case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde'. 


Although the frame is entirely digital, there's much more of the original drawings present in the portraits that I would have normally.

Technique aside, I tried to use elements of Victorian London such as the buildings and bridges to mimic the ornate design of typical portraits of the era. Just something to add a little narrative to what otherwise would have been very straightforward portraits.






Looking to bring in some watercolour or gouache into the next one, fingers crossed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment